Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Days.

Dear Comcast,
 
Really?  It takes you 30 days to put my name on your internal Do Not Call list?
 
I recently moved to a new apartment and switched cable providers because it was cheaper.  Since then, Comcast has called me every day to attempt to get me back as a customer.  Advice #1: That's effing annoying.  If you want me back as a customer, lower my rates, and stop messing with my DVR programming. 
 
Finally, today, Comcast switched the incoming phone number it was using to call me so that I'd actually pick up the phone after ignoring them.  The service representative just started talking and was about to transfer me to a salesperson without asking me if I wanted to proceed, let alone why I bothered switching in the first place.  Advice #2: That's effing disrespectful.
 
I shouldn't be surprised, I guess.  Anyway, I requested that they not call me anymore.  That's when I was told that it can take up to 30 days for that to be entered in the system.  WTF?  You can unsubscribe from spam with a click.  The US Post Office can make the switch in 2-3 days.  Hell, even print magazines like Entertainment Weekly take at most a week to make changes like that.  But the purveyors of xfinity takes 30 days to stop calling an ex-customer?  FOUL.  Go back to HBS and learn how to stop pissing off your customers.
 
Love,
 
-Me.

No comments: