Saturday, August 23, 2008

Volcano? I Hardly Know Her.

We returned the rental car this morning, and I sort of miss the GPS system. We had named her Bubby (get it? anyone?), and sort of (read: unhealthily) grew attached. Let's just say, without her (yes, the GPS was female), it turns out that Annie and I have a lot less to say to each other than we thought. Like, nothing. At. All. (Kidding!)

But seriously, folks, we totally thought that the rental agents had an over-under on us as to whether we'd get the car back to them in one piece. I would swear that the dude checking us back in looked disappointed that we were unbruised and unscratched. Driving on the left is no easy feat, my friend. Our Lady of the Highways was good to us this week.

Tonight is my last night in Auckland. It feels weird. I didn't feel weird about leaving Melbourne because we have to stay there one night before moving on the Brisbane, so it didn't feel final. This does. Part of why I took this trip despite the winter in the southern hemisphere is because I just don't know when I'd ever get this long of a stretch of time to make the trip to this part of the world. (Yeah, corporate lawyers don't get a lot of free time.) So now, leaving a city, I don't know that I'll ever be back again. I don't know. It's a humbling thought. It's a small world (just ask Adam), but it's also friggin' huge.

On that note, Annie and I found a Dunkin' Donuts. These Boston bobos didn't pass up the opp. Chocolate glazed were inhaled. Mmm... doughnuts. *Drool*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, what are some good Australian and New Zealandian (?) wines?