Monday, October 26, 2009

As The World Dances.

The big news on the SYTYCD front is that Billy Bell, he who brought the Shankman to tears (like that's hard or something), has dropped out of the competition. And would you believe, Guy #11 was my pick Brandon Dumlao.

Of course, Billy, he who was a frontrunner of frontrunners because he's cuddly and is named Billy, had to drop out after the top 20 were introduced tonight. So now Brandon missed out on that. Brandon also misses out on full training time for the first show (i.e. tomorrow), and Brandon is stuck on a the season where Nigel thought it would be a good idea to go on during the fall. Eediot. Ah well, some fodder (hi Kris!) make good, but this is ridiculous.

After ffing through tonight's introduction--btws how did they not do this before? this made everyone, including the choreographers, look good--also Wade Robson should always work--I've got to rejigger some predicks.

Of course, I'm still rootin' for BD.

Jakob seems like the best dude -- but what a doooooork. And not like, Kelly Clarkson ducka ducka dorkiness that makes you a winner. I'm talking, like, dance camp dorkiness.

I'm over Nathan, which is saying something b/c I was never under him. Victor doesn't seem all that bendy, which is too bad b/c I was under him. Russell's the man. Italian tapper has a melted face, but I hope he does well. Boot Philip. Boot Legacy. Boot the ballroom douche. And I can't even remember the other hip-hopper, so keep him around to the top ten then boot him first.

For the girls, I really like the latin ballroom girl -- what's her face. She's cheeky.

I liked Ellenore when I first saw her, but now I'm thinking she dances heavy (thanks Mia!). Boot married lady. Step on Molleeeeeeeeeeee until she's insignificant. Bianca is all limbs--and I don't know if that's good or bad. The other jazz girl seemed okay. All the others have just blended together: but here you go, imagine a fairly pretty blonde contemporary girl who let's her hair fall all over the place. Multiply by 4. Then boot 'em all.

Best routine, other than Wade's, was totes Mandy Moore's Coldplay routine. But if you watch closely -- the dancers actually tire out before it's over. PEOPLE. Jeanine would not approve. Step it up. I can't have Brandon win during a season of losers.

No comments: