Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's Not a State.

Hulu is tricky. For the most part, I love it. But hulu has some weird rules about when it releases new episodes of shows, and how long they will keep it on the site. If you read the comments, people crap and moan about not having the shows on all the time. I'm not one of those people. Hey, remember when you used to have to watch the show live, and sit through commercials? Yeah. Stop complaining.

But I did happen to mess up by missing the first few episodes of Fringe on Fox. And I'm a big geek, so if I miss the first one, it's not likely that I'll watch any part of the rest. Hulu had episodes 1 and 2, and then it didn't, and then it did. So basically, I almost gave up on it, but then didn't, then did, then didn't, and now I sort of like it.

Except that the show referred to Massachusetts as "state of" instead of "commonwealth of," they don't actually show the real Harvard even though it's supposedly set in part there, South Station totally doesn't look like that, and Anna Torv is so not Cate Blanchett. Other than that, I like it. Pacey's cool, although he's got bizarrely skinny chicken legs. (Look closely.) And the dude who ate the turkey leg with the hobbit in Return of the King--you know, the dad who Faramir will never impress--is cool, too.

And speaking of Boston, there's a radio commercial for some auto insurance company, Progressive? Geico? Nationwide? that plays on the Boston accent by having an actor say "Park the car in the garden yard." Yeeeeaaaahhhhh. Whatever. That's so offensive, I don't know where to start.

No comments: