Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Apartment Watch.

You'll recall that I'm skeptical about my apartment. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. So here's where we are to date:

-Today, I called the office because my new "central" A/C system hasn't been working correctly. I'll set it to 72, the air will blow, but the room won't get any colder than 78. So I called them, and asked them to fix it, and they fixed it . . . today. That's the fastest I've ever had an apartment request fulfilled. Ever. +2

-Last night, they were putting a new carpet in right in front of the elevator. During the evening rush hour. Seems like they could have chosen a better time to do that. -1

-The gym, the roof, and the patio still aren't done. -3

-I totally lucked out with the location of my apartment relative to the rest of the hallway, in terms of traffic to the elevators, and traffic to the trash room. +1

-The washer/dryer DOESN'T DRY. -1

-Our building has valet dry cleaning. This means I can drop off a bag of dry cleaning in the morning, and in two business days, it's waiting for me in the same closet that they receive packages in. +1

-The elevators smell like sweat. And not the good kind of sweat. -1

The watch continues.

No comments: