Tuesday, April 1, 2008

American Idol Top 9: Dolly Parton

I thought David Archuleta, Jason Castro, and Syesha were brilliant. I usually think Simon is right on with his comments, but his reactions to Castro and Syesha were weird. Castro went back to his semi-final week 1 vibe, only better, and Syesha showed restraint by not doing a copycat version of "I Will Always Love You" that some Idol also-rans would have done.

Jason Cook, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook, and Michael Johns, were all solid. I liked that they pulled a Daughtry-a-la-Live's-I-Walk-the-Line with Cook this week, playing off the silly controversy as if it was nothing. That's because it is nothing. I've never assumed that the contestants ever did the arranging completely on their own. Michael looks like he's constipated when he sings. Kristy Lee looks dead inside (though she hit one big note).

Ramiele Malubay. Please let it end. Some websites have it wrong.

No comments: