Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mind-Blowing New Facts #2 and #3.

In addition to that Arizona awesomeness in the last post, I also learned yesterday that the Lost Colony of Roanoke was in present day North Carolina, and not, as I had always thought, in present day Virginia. (Sure, there is a Roanoke, Virginia, which likely is the source of my confusion, but still, for someone as awesome as I, that's no excuse.)

Also, I rarely do this (mostly because I don't have to obviously) but I had to admit that I was wrong about something that my brother corrected me on over Thanksgiving. I completely forgot that the president pro-tempore is after the Speaker of the House and before the Secretary of State in the presidential line of succession. I think I had thought that the VP's loose association with the Senate was a sufficient enough nod to that body for presidential order. Jebus.

I am getting stupid in my old age. Either that or everything I learned when I was younger was wrong. Neither thought is sitting well with me.

No comments: