Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to Form.

I think I'm finally over the jetlag returning from Australia. Flying from here to there was much easier to adjust to than flying from there to here. My much promised non-live live-blog of my adventures Down Under are forthcoming.

In the meantime, a vent. I, being awesome, snagged early on the Gmail address "firstname.lastname@gmail.com." What many don't realize is that the period between the firstname and the lastname is just a place-holder: it doesn't distinguish email addresses. In other words, my email could also be firstnamelastname@gmail.com.

This leads me to receive several emails meant for other people with my name. Apparently there's a bunch out there (especially in California -- at least one goes to Cal). It's a problem that I have always had with my name since I got to choose my alumni email address from college, which I selected as "lastname@___.___.edu." Yeah, yeah, not the brightest move on my part, but that format is the norm.

No comments: