Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blogging Dilemma.

When I started this blog earlier this year, it was in part to document the rapid changes that would happen from law school to law firm. I figured it'd be a cool place to store harmless reviews of pop culture, anecdotes from daily life, and skewer the events of the day.

But, things are trickier than I thought. I'm into week 2 of my new job in my fancy new law firm, and for everything I want to write about, be it glowing praise or cynical ridicule, I can find any number of reasons why NOT to write about them. There are far, far too many stories out there about businesses coming down hard on employees who blog about them--and especially in the law where confidentiality isn't just a selling point, it's grounds for disbarment--I don't want to say anything. Trust me, a fellow summer associate almost learned this the hard way last year. (Luckily, I'm so awesome at Googling, I helped tipped her off that she'd best stop blogging about the law firm.)

So what does that leave me? Well, there's always the tried and true pop culture riffs that I like so much. Except that with my new job, I have virtually no time to watch movies or TV, or to read books, let alone blog wittily about them.

So, yeah, the gist of all this? I have no idea. But I'll figure something out to write about. Giving up on something that I'm so awesome at would be decidedly lame.

No comments: