Wednesday, March 17, 2010

AI9: Is American Idol Using Auto-Tune on the iTunes Live Performance Downloads?

Last night, one of my favorites, Lee Dewyze finally sang in tune... and it's only the fourth week.  He sang Beast of Burden, and although everyone wanted him to rock, he kept it blue-eyed cool, which I actually preferred.  So I headed over the iTunes ready to download it, but it wasn't up yet.  So I perused his past perfs, which I never bothered to check before because why would I want to download an out-of-tune performance?  Except... none of them were out of tune.
 
Weird.
 
So I googled -- and it's possible that, yes auto-tuning is occuring, but--SCANDALLLLLE!!!--not everyone is getting the auto-tune treatment.  I get the auto-tuning of the live perfs, but if they are going to do that, they should do that for everyone.
 
I think this should be a bigger deal than it is -- some major blog or entertainment reporter needs to follow up on this.  Cantiello!  Slezak!  MJ!  Follow-up on Rickey's report!

No comments: