Monday, July 7, 2008

Just. Nothing.

I spent this afternoon studying my bar exam flash cards in a coffee shop. A man stopped by on his way out and commented: "Hope Palsgraf is on the exam!," thereby indicating that:

1. He's a lawyer;
2. He gets me;
3. He's lame.

You see, Palsgraf is a famous torts case we have to know. I could only reply: "I hope not. I suck at torts." (And torts are everything you hate about the legal system.) Which made me think about what I do hope is on the exam. And all I could come up with was: nothing.

Seriously. I'm hoping that I will walk into World Trade Center in Boston, sit down, and see a booklet in front of me that reads: "Surprise! There's no exam. We only make you study because we know that the majority of you didn't learn anything in lawschool. All you have to do is sign this form promising not to tell anyone what the bar exam actually is. If you do, we will disbar you and lobotimize you so you don't remember anything. For the next six hours, feel free to use the provided decks of cards to play poker with the people at your table. Tomorrow, we'll have pie."

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I HATE TORTS.

I wish Andrews won.

WHAT ABOUT LOVE? DON'T YOU WANT SOMEONE TO CARE ABOUT YOU? WHAT ABOUT LOVE? DON'T LET IT SLIP AWAY!