Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AI9: Seriously, What the Hell Is Wrong With Kara?

Give me a moment.

. . .

I . . . I am . . . so . . . ughhhhhh.

I don't ask for much from American Idol. Lord knows, they do their very best to manipulate and sandbag the show so that us viewers will lamb along and go with the flow (how'd that work for you, Evil Gokey?). But this, I just cannot abide.

To Kara: You. Effing. Moron. It was KRIS ALLEN who flipped songs and rearranged them last season -- NOT Adam. Look, I've never, never claimed that Kris is a better singer than Adam, or that Adam isn't a huge ass star -- brighter than Kris, even. But give Kris the effin' due that he deserves. And you, Ms. Songwriter/Failed Recording Artist, of all people should know the difference. My GRAWD. Tonight, when Andrew "My Parents Were in a Gang But Still Managed To Teach Me How To Wear Hipster Glasses" Garcia redid Paula Abdul's "Straight Up," I -- and every single other devotee with a semblance of a memory -- thought, okay, wannabe Kris Allen, you're not bad. But Kara *spit* complimented him and said it was "genius" how he flipped the song like Adam did last season. Adam. Honey, Adam is a lot of things (e.g., more famous than you'll ever be), but he is no song re-arranger. (And to any naysayers -- people, Adam clearly said on camera that he found the Ring of Fire arrangement that he sang for Grand Ole Opry night.)

Okay. I needed to get that off my chest. Kara, don't mess with Kris.

Let's see, what else happened tonight...

Soon-to-be-dad kept pronouncing "waiting" in "waiting for the world to change" in a really annoying way. Ick.

Tim Urban needs a haircut . . . and better vibrato.

They cut Cancer Boy! Hey, if he wasn't good enough to last year when he was in White Chocolate with Matt and Kris -- even though he's so "memorable" -- he's not good enough now.

And last but not least: I like Ellen. She's approaching this judging thing from the perspective of a performer -- not a singer -- but a performer, and that's actually turning out to be pretty cool. You are forgiven for the SYTYCD debacle last year.

Til tomorrs, kids, when GROUPS happen. Oh yeah. I heart Hollywood Week.
UPDATE: Apparently Kara's comment has renewed the Kris v. Adam rivalry. I'm not buying it, Adam-fans, Adam might have used alternative arrangements but he did not rearrange them himself. Plus, Kara even tried to coin the term "to Allen-ize" a song last year. I'm less upset over Adam yet again getting a namedrop than am that Kara is just a complete waste of judging space.

No comments: