Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Not an iPad. Wait. How Should That Be Capitalized?

I've held out as long as I could.  With the announcement last week of the Apple Maxipad (now with wings! actually, with the way that Stev-o keeps hemming and hawing, it might actually have wings), and no other announcements, I decided it was time to make the big switchBACK to Mac.  Yes, I figured out every discretionary body part I had that could be sold, and ordered me a schmancy MacBook Pro.
 
Please note.  This is a switchBACK.
 
You see, I grew up on Macs, and then one day, Stev-o got kicked out by stupid people, Mac Clones emerged, and nearly destroyed the brand.  But Stev-o came back, and then IBM got sold, and then my computer died, and now I need a new computer.  (Ta da!  The entire history of Apple in two sentences!)  Oh, it hurts though.  I hate spending that kind of money.  Even on pretty gadgets.  But it was needed.
 
Now, I'm just counting the days.  In particular, day 15 after my new playmate arrives.  For I assure you, on that day, the day AFTER I can return my order, Apple will revamp its entire line and drop the price of the model I purchased by $500.  You know, I liked that kidney.

No comments: