Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oooooooooo-Lympics.

So far...
 
-Wayne looked pissed.
 
-I literally screamed out loud in agony in a bar when South Korea ruined a chance to sweep the mens 1500m short-track speedskating, and instead allowed Apolo Anton Ohno to get a medal he so didn't deserve.  People in the bar looked at me, and I was like -- look at me, I'm Korean, not a surprise, move on people.  The only reason why I support Ohno is that because of his celebrity in the U.S., NBC will actually broadcast the event so I can watch the Koreans dominate (or screw up royally).
 
-Snowboard cross has to be the coolest sport ever.  EVER.
 
-Apparently skeleton is safer than luge, despite the fact that they go head first and despite the fact that they will NOT be using the shortened course at Vancouver (apres the luge tragedy last week).  Somehow, I'm not comforted.
 
-It's weird to hope that Yuna Kim does NOT follow in Michelle Kwan's footsteps.  But here's hoping.
 
-In perhaps the weirdest bit of news, while watching that Canadian dude who finally won a gold on home soil receive his gold medal, I noticed that an Australian (Dale something or other) got silver.  That's always fun, to see a flat, southern hemi country do well.  Plus he was hot.  But when I looked him up on the interwebs, it turns out he's been accused of spamming.  Yes, computer spamming.  I've never actually seen a face associated with that.  If there's anything lower on the totem pole than telemarketers and credit collectors, it's that.

No comments: