Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snoooooow. And No Manners.

Hello from under twelve feet of snow. So you might have heard. Being from Boston, it's usually not a big deal. But this is DC. And they don't know how to deal with snow. To wit:



Yes. That's a line to get in to the Whole Foods in my neighborhood. And that was on Thursday night.

On Friday, I stopped by to pick up a few things. Thankfully I didn't have to wait to get in, but once inside, it was like some Soviet thingamajig, only more hipster-y. You couldn't find any fresh arugala or Swiss chard to save your life. Sadly, I'm not even being ironic.

So, I got in line, which extended to the back of the store, and hunkered down for the good half hour it was going to take to get through the express line. Here's what happened next: The dude in front of me, who had a cart of groceries, kept leaving the line to continue shopping. He did this at least three or four times, and would be gone for DAYS at a time. Being a decent human being, I kept his place in line for him, because at the time, I thought he was only going to do this once. And who hasn't had that last minute item they forgot to get? But finally, I had enough, and proceeded to chew him out over his dbagginess and the fact that he didn't even ask me to save his spot. He tried to defend himself by saying that he only came back with one bag of sugar. THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Urgh. That's when I knew he just didn't get it.

But it was very satisfying. Dumbass people forget common decency all the time. It's good to call them out on it every once in a while.

No comments: