Monday, February 1, 2010

When Two Elephants Fight, It's the Grass That Suffers.

Apple recently unveiled its electronic tampon, and the recent CES show featured oodles of e-readers.  So, natch, eyes have been on Amazon and it's super-awesome-fandango Kindle (I'm biased) to see how it would respond.  There's a titter here and there about opening up apps on it, but the biggest brouhaha has been that MacMillan books and The Bezos got into a tif re: pricing.  So much so that last Friday The Beez yanked the books from the website.  I get it, two big swinging ____ are fighting for the very survival of the publishing industry, and they each have different views on how to do that.  I don't know enough about the inner-evils of every RandomHouse wannabe, but I do know this: They best get their act together because I need to read The Politician.  Now.  (For reals, I'm not big into political bios, but John Edwards's fall from grace transcends all.  And I mean all.  It's like the literary version of the Real World / Road Rules Challenge, and we know how I feel about that.)
 
As of Sunday, Amazon totes raised the white flag, but The Politician is still not up for sale.  (When they do put it back up, they better not go all Barnes & Bitches on us by making the e-version of it only available in another two months.)
 
Come on people.  I can only read so much legitimate literature before I need to slum it.  Don't make me read The Deep End fan-fiction. 

2 comments:

Mr. Cooper said...

What does "________" stand for? I'm confused.

Andy said...

A dirty word.