Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bar/Bri Day Pi: At Least It's Not the LSAT.

Yesterday, we had a day off from Bar/Bri. At first, I thought it was odd that a lecture series of videotapes would mandate a day off. But then, after doing absolutely nothing except 76 games of Expert Minesweeper, I really appreciated the day off. Today, I learned the real reason for the sojourn: Apparently yesterday was the June administration of the LSAT.

Terrible, horrible memories of lost weekends, lost summers, and too much caffeine at coffee shops flooded my mind, as I smirked at how glad I am that I don't have to worry obsessively about some arcane test that will determine whether I can even do the career that I want to do, and wondering how law can be tested in a multiple-choice format. I mean, really, thank God that's over.

P.S. Can Boston sportswriters stop being so cocky about this championship that we haven't won yet? At least some people are finally coming 'round to the fact that, oh, you know, Boston just happened to be the last city to make history to come back from both a 3-0 and 3-1 deficit in sports playoffs, even though that never happens. Please stop messing with the karma faeries.

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

You're aware that pi is only a little over 3, are you not? Still, I like the concept.