Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dunkin Donuts Coffee: A Midterm Assessment.

As previously noted, Dunkin' Donuts coffee is sweet angel sweat collected for our unworthy human lips. Being the arrogant race that we are, we've nonetheless attempted to improve upon this liquid happiness. DD allows you to order your coffee in a variety of flavors, to varying degrees of success. What's particularly awesome about the flavoring is that they aren't sweetened (unlike some evil empire's flavors), which means you can still customize your coffee precisely how you want it.

I've taken it upon myself to provide a user's guide for these options. Herewith, a midterm report:

Original (no flavor added): A+. Really. No improvement needed. Therefore, "improve" is the wrong word. Let's just agree that adding flavor is but a different experience--familiar, but incomparable. That's the only fair thing to do.

French Vanilla: A-.
Classics never go out of style. I'll likely bookend this little journey with that other stalwart standby, hazelnut.

Blueberry: B-.
The newest in the line, and not exactly the slam dunk you might expect. I think it's because DD's coffee isn't roasted that intensely, and fruit essences tend to go with the more nutty flavor of coffee (think orange valencia). I'm not looking forward to raspberry.

Coconut: A.
A winner. This is what dreams and puppy dogs are made of.

Cinnamon: C+.
Bitter beginning, but then you get used to it. I think it would be better if I liked my coffee sweeter. But since I don't, the cinnamon just sort of sits there.

1 comment:

exetimbo said...

Let's just say that for some us who like the "evil empire's" coffee and coffee on the sweeter side, your review does little for us.

Thank you for your time.