Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Displeased.

I totally bought into the Mozilla Firefox v.3 hoopla because I've been a faithful Firefox user since way back. Not only is it a kickin' browser (I mean whoda thunk that tabs would be so awesome?), but it was made expressly to combat the worst thing about Internet Explorer. See, the smart folks at Microsoft thought it'd be wise to write IE code directly into the mainframe shell of the Windows operating system. In short, hackers have a directly line into your personal computer, and you can't delete IE (because that would be like trying to delete your computer itself).

And yet, good reader (<--intentional singular), I write this entry on IE. Why? (other than the fact that Netflix currently only supports instant-watching on IE) Because my spanky new Firefox browser has stalled at least 5 times already, and it has been less than 24 hours. I checked out the cache, and it was sucking up 450 MB of RAM. What the? Unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE. Now I have to figure out what's going on. Of course, I went to the Firefox help site (on IE), and found out that v.3 is supposed to reduce the RAM requirements.

Don't toy with me Firefox. I'm so mad; I could kick David Archuleta.

No comments: