Monday, June 23, 2008

A Weekend Away.

I took a much needed (ie, ill-advised) weekend away from all things Bar/Bri (ie, I only took one Bar/Bri book with me), and went out to the country to a gathering some friends of mine were having. It's funny to say the country, seeing as how most people when they see the town I live in think I already live there.

So, despite the fun gas prices, I didn't carpool (ostensibly to retain the flexibility should I freak out and need to drive back to study--I didn't) despite the fun gas prices. The best thing about road trips in my mind is the fact that I have no choice but to eat fast food for every meal. And it doesn't count! I mean, when you don't have a choice, it's not fair to include it in your calorie count for the day. So both going there, and coming back, I made sure to stop at McDonald's and get their Southern-Style Chicken sandwich. Deeeeeelicious. (And it doesn't count!)

The hinky thing about the whole shebang was that I was charged a "Takeout Tax" of 30 cents on a 6 dollar bill. No percentage. Nada. This is highly suspect given that as a roadside service area, every meal is takeout at this McDonald's.

I'm on to you Ronald. My 6 readers will destroy you.

1 comment:

Mr. Cooper said...

In California (or at least LA), you actually pay a tax if you decide to eat-in. At least that's what they told me at Pinkberry when I asked why they keep asking whether my yogurt is "to go".