Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rip-off.

Unabashedly, I like both Rihanna's new single Take a Bow and Chris Brown's new single Forever. Now, I'm usually okay with whatever pricing structure evil music companies want to impose on consumers. I recognize the difficulties of the current distribution climate. But I still think that the structure has to be fair.

For example, I don't like buying the "single" version of a song on iTunes. I prefer to wait until the album is release as well so that the mp3 tag will be associated with the full album. Who knows? Maybe I want to buy another song from that album, and sometime down the road it is conceivable I might want to listen by album instead of by artist on my iPod. But then I found out that both Take a Bow and Forever aren't lead singles off of new albums--they are new singles included on reissues of Rihanna's and Chris Brown's most recent albums.

That's annoying to digital folk like me, but it's a f***ing rip-off for anyone who shelled out dough for the CD.

No comments: