Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not Since Kelly.

There's a lot of dumb coverage of the American Idol finale going on right now. People trying to find deeper meaning. People complaining that America got it wrong. People pissed off at people for choosing the contestant that the show didn't sell its firstborn to manipulate them into voting for. People ticked that Allison didn't beat Evil Gokey. But here's what I'd like to know... and I'm very smart, so listen up:

-Why the hell did AI start giving out a "trophy" to the winner?

-How do people this obsessed with the show NOT KNOW that the top ten finalists are locked in to the same deal with the record label as the winner? The winner is the only one guaranteed a contract, but just because Adam lost doesn't mean he's suddenly "free."

-When will Rod Stewart just let it go?

-When will Gokey?

-When will Kris come have a beer with me for awesomely picking him out on February 4? i.e., that's after only DAY 2 of Hollywood Week, b____es!. (Granted, I also allegedly liked Evil Gokey at that point, but nobody's perfect.) The last time I was close to being this successful at spotting the winner was picking Kelly out during the semi-finals of season 1. I also figured out that Carrie would win the "season of the guys" in season 4, but I think a lot of people figured that one out pretty quickly. And I knew that Jordin was going to win pretty early on in the finals of season 6.

So, like, now that AI is over. Um, like, what do I do with myself? Weird. It's so quiet. Too quiet.

No comments: