Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Totally Wanted To Go To SpaceCamp.

So today, Mental Floss had a quiz (it has two daily quizzes -- one at lunch and one at 5pm) where you had to name the 80s movie whose plot was described. I did terribly, but one that I totally rocked was the plot for SpaceCamp. In its commentary (see, it likes to learn you stuph, not just chuck trivia bits at your gaping maw), it noted the ridick cast of the movie. So I took a gander, as I have a tendency to do, and just look at this lineup (courtesy of imdb, bien sur)!

Kate Capshaw ... Andie Bergstrom
Lea Thompson ... Kathryn Fairly
Kelly Preston ... Tish Ambrosei
Larry B. Scott ... Rudy Tyler
Joaquin Phoenix ... Max (as Leaf Phoenix)
Tate Donovan ... Kevin Donaldson
Tom Skerritt ... Cmdr. Zach Bergstrom (Andie's husband)
Barry Primus ... Brennan
Terry O'Quinn ... Launch Director

First, you might ask: who the hell is Larry B. Scott? Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds!

Second, I don't know who Barry Primus is. But one of his credits is in some masterpiece called "Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death," which starred a youngish (well, 33 yo) BILL MAHER.

Good gravy! So yeah, Lar and Bar totes belong in the company of Spielberg's wife, Caroline in the City, Travolta's beard, Academy Award nominee, Marisa's Daddy/Joshwah, Picket Fences Guy, and One of the Worst Written Characters on Lost.

Who am I kidding. I started out this post wanting to rave about the awesomeness of SpaceCamp--a movie whose bril formula is essentially copied in cinematic gems such as G.I.Jane, which stars Demi Moore's right bicep--but really, I just want to watch CWINAJOD.

1 comment:

Amy Lynn said...

John Locke is awesome.