Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.

I sort of love watching TV. I might love it even more than watching movies and puppies. The fall TV season is always just a hyper mess of what to try and commit to, what not to, etc. So much fun!

Here's some stuff that I'm curious about that are (or have) premiered this week:
  • Melrose Place. I wasn't a Beverly Hills 90210 person, but when we followed Jake to the apartment complex of naughty bits, I was totally suckered in. And then I stopped watching when they got all old and stuff. But now they're young again! And Katie Cassidy, who was impressively good on Harper's Island, is on it. I just hope that they kill off Ashlee Simpson-Dogface off soon. What a terrible casting choice.
  • America's Next Top Model. It's a season full of short girls. Which is so dumb. Ms. T is always all about trying to have a fat girl win the thing (which is why, honestly, that Whitney beat Anya in Cycle 10) -- why not, you know, have an entire plus-sized season? But no. They went short. And I'll still watch.
  • So You Think You Can Dance. I think it's a terrible decision to move it to the fall, instead of as a fluffy summer fling. TV seasons are no longer September to May type deals. And yet, I'll still watch it.
  • Glee. I'm not one of the hordes of worshippers of this show, cuz I sort of think the stuff that happens between the fun songs is boring. If they can match the choreographed show choir scenes awesomeness in the, you know, talking part, I'll be a superfan. For now? Just sing and dance.
  • Vampire Diaries. Yeah, yeah, I hate Twilight, but Ian Somerhalder makes a good vampire. And the CW does teen angst waaaaaay better than sparkly Edward Cullen any day.
I'll do this each week for the new season premieres since there are way too many shows to list all at once. And then I'll try and give my gut opinions of the shows whenever I get around to DVRing them. Yay! That's the fun of life these days, I can totally talk about uber-passe things and still feel good about myself.

No comments: