Monday, February 16, 2009

Agreement.

Last week, a co-worker happened to ask if I had any gum, and I, always the prepared one, did. I handed her a piece of Lush (not to be confused with Rain, which by the way, happens to be the most popular search that leads visitors to my blog), which she had never tasted before.

I mentioned that 5 Gum is my favorite type of gum (and I've been through several brands). I also mentioned that I came to this brand because my last one, Orbit, was evil. Without a beat,= she said: because it melted?

I. Flipped. Out.

That is exactly why I dislike Orbit. One time, I was chewing a piece of Orbit gum when I went to go see a musical. If you've never been, musicals are great, but they're long, but I figured that the gum would just get cement-ier, and I could spit it out at intermission. No biggie. But it didn't. It melted. It disintegrated. And I panicked.

I knew that if you accidentally swallowed gum, it's ok, you'd just, you know, let it pass. But this liquified stuff that was coating my mouth was like Satan's sweat. I didn't want to absorb that stuff into my bloodstream! (It turns out that my co-worker actually meant that Orbit gum had melted in her car on a hot day. Also something that gum really shouldn't do. And the interwebs agrees.)

So never will I chew Orbit again. It's just not natural, dude. But Rain, Lush, Elixir, Flare, and Cobalt... you're like chewy little pieces of angels.



No comments: