Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol 8: Predictions for Semi-Final Group 2.

My boy is going next week, so the hardcore kick-awesome pimpin' starts now. Yes, yes, I risk alienating the 8 of you who actually read this blog, but if I haven't scared you off already with the obsessive American Idolness, well, then, wow, you have more patience than Samantha Ronsen around hot men.

Kris Allen is in danger of being the Ricky Braddy of this group: If he's not fantastic then the lack of screen time thus far will kill any chance he has of moving on. Given that, I think he has the best draw he could have.

For the guy pick:

Nick Mitchell
(Normund Gentle) is the Tatiana of the guy world. Despite VFTW's best, they couldn't get Tatiana through, and Normund is far less interesting.

Adam Lambert is one third of the producers' trinity, and I think the weakest link. I'm not convinced he's quite as retro as he claims, and his take on Believe was awful. Of the three, I'm glad that Kris drew him, and not Danny or Lil.

Kai Kalama is one of two big guy threats. I think Kai is in the same boat as Kris in getting no screen time, and he's prolly getting the same internet roots campaign going for him that Kris does.

Matt Giraud is the other big threat. Matt has been riding this buzz of Elliott Yamin-iness and that is one potent fanbase. They got an elf all the way to third place! Granted, it was during the worst season so far, but Elliott fans love him, and if they've found another one to root for, then he's in. It might depend on what his mother looks like. I'm not being mean. Just trust me.

Matt Breitzke is not a threat. Even though he's not in Michael Sarver's group to split the vote, again of the two, I'm glad that Kris is going against him. Matt is way less charismatic, and going after Michael can only help the "haven't I seen this before" factor weigh him down.

For the girl pick:

This is interesting because only two girls really got any screen time, and I don't know why. Megan Corkrey and Jasmine Murray were blessed with cameras in their faces, but neither are all that interesting. Jesse Langseth has the honor of being the first contestant with a mugshot. I couldn't tell you who Mishavonna Henson, Allison Iraheta, or Jeanine Vailles are, and I watch this show (can't you tell?).

Based purely on the early rounds, I'd guess that Matt Giraud is the boy pick, Megan Corkrey is the girl pick, and Adam Lambert is the third pick. I think the possibilities of at least one, maybe two, Alexis Grace type performances might be in the works, though.

Kris, you have to be kick-awesome to take down Adam. You can totally do it. He has neither a sob story nor an awesome first name.

No comments: