Sunday, February 8, 2009

Indulge Me.

Fringe has been really good.  They have the mystery-of-the-week thing down pat, and now they're trying to branch out the mythology without cluttering up the place like J.J. did with Lost.  The best new development is the evolving backstory of Pacey, I mean... actually I don't know what Joshua Jackson's character's name is on the show.  I just think Pacey with the skinny legs and big thumbs (seriously, look closely).

A big plus for me is that it's set in Massachusetts.  Not just Boston, but all over Massachusetts, and it's fun for me to see what shots they use for different places, like Acton and Brighton.  Recently, they had a scene in Springfield, which is such a craphole -- and where I was begat!  And then it turns out that Olivia lives on the same street as a friend of mine, except that they call it a boulevard on the show instead of a road, and they say she lives in the 1000s block when that block totally doesn't exist.  Hah.

Yeah, some geek out on inconsistencies between episode 17 and episode 342 of a sci-fi series.  I geek out over the close-but-not-quite references to Massachusetts on a sci-fi series.

EDIT: Major shout-out to Kirk Acevedo.  He's quickly become a grounding presence in the show, toeing the line between the urban police drama portion of the show and the suspension of belief science.  I'd hate to lose him from Fringe, but the guy needs to be a lead on an ensemble drama somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh's character on fringe is Peter Bishop.