Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Horses.

Hollywood Week was a blood bath for all the interesting women who were promoted by American Idol.  Rose Flack, Deanna Brown, Emily Wynne-Hughes... all gone.  So we move on.

I've been obsessed with this group performance from Day 2:



They were the first to go, which is always tough.  But it gave us a better intro to Kris Allen (the one in the argyle), who is my fave guy so far.  He only had this itty-bitty intro:



Here's a longer interview:



A quick Google search is showing that Matt Giraud, the first singer, is getting all the buzz because of his Elliott Yamin-iness.  Forget that Justin dude; he's awful (and he's the voice teacher!).  And India... I think she really did forget her lines but covered it up with a slick rap.  That and she's clearly limping.  I had to look her up -- she's the one who auditioned with her much, um, sturdier sister, and, yup, she was on crutches but she also saaaang.  She's not just a one-rap pony.  I'm keeping my eye on her.

Still, my fave girl still left in the mix is Anne Marie Boskovich.  She's the one who remembered seeing Kara sing a song at in Nashville.  



Kara's website gives a shout-out to Anne Marie for the quick plug, although, come on Kara, I won't make fun of your (massive) overbite if you manage to spell Anne Marie's name correctly.  Jebus.  You get all up in people's grilles when they say Kah-rah instead of Care-ah.  Anyway, Kara goes on to sing the song, and frankly, it's actually really good.  It starts around the 3:30 mark.  (The other crap is them gushing about Nick Lachey and David Archuleta.  I know, right?):



Whatever.  Archie's adorable.

No comments: