Monday, February 2, 2009

North Carolina: 1, Northeast: 0.

I just got a phone call from the apartment complex that I lived in during law school in North Carolina. They were letting me know that I received a piece of mail from the North Carolina DMV regarding a license renewal (turns out it's not relevant since I changed over to Massachusetts). It's been almost nine months since I moved out, and they are still watching out for me. Moreover, it's a complex that houses a lot of students, so there is a LOT of junk mail and other flotsam that still gets sent their two, sometimes three tenants afterward. Not easy to pick out the important stuff, let alone care enough to call. That's loyalty, dude.
That would never happen in the northeast. If anything, someone would have stolen my identity and gone on a motorcycle equipment buying spree* with my license. Color me impressed, South, and that's not easy.
*Actually has happened with one of my credit cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Northeast is leading 104 - 1. North Carolina may have won the round of 'niceness' (awww....), but I can think of at least 104 ways that Northeast kick's NC's a$$. Hmm, starting with #1 Food. Other than an occasional craving of the Waffle House (greasy...) and Carolina 'cue (sloppy...), you're left with Chili's, Applebee's, and TGIFs. Ugh. Nuff said.