Monday, February 23, 2009

Non-Live Live-Blogging the Academy Awards.

  1. I gotta say, I loved the structure of the show tonight -- taking us through the production of a movie. I imagine the guy doing next year's show is wondering how the Academy didn't do this for 80 years, but they finally do it the year before he has to put together the show.
  2. I don't think that Angelina Jolie is aging well.
  3. Isn't Anthony Hopkins also a "sir"? And, how do you think he felt as they extolled Frank Langella's portrayal of Richard Nixon as making us forget all those who came before him... like Anthony Hopkins who played Richard Nixon.
  4. So... Denzel, Forest, and Sidney were not available to be one of the Final Five presenting best actor? Whoopi, Cuba, and Halle made time in their busy schedu- hmm... maybe that's why.
  5. Japanese people are sort of kicking ass tonight.
  6. When a movie almost sweeps, I sort of feel bad for that one dude on the team who doesn't win. Like the makeup guys for Titanic. Tonight, it's poor sound editing guys on Slumdog.
  7. I used to not really like Beyonce. I admit it. But she has absolutely grown on me, and she works it out everytime. I don't even know what that means, but it seems apt. She just needs to stop singing At Last.
  8. Alicia Keys just needs to stop.
  9. Even though Hugh Jackman was the "host," I think I saw Zac Efron more than him.
  10. Amanda Seyfried totally tripped coming down the stairs during the musical number. Hi-Def and DVR-Rewind don't lie.
  11. Did you see the acceptance speech countdown clock? It's HUGE. And it seems to start as soon as you are announced. That's why people run.
  12. You know, the Slumdog guy who won for Best Score said that for each award, he says that thing in Tamil. He didn't say it again when he won Best Song. Someone's a liar.

No comments: