Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Year.

I just resigned my lease for my apartment for another year to lock in the current rate that I have.  It's a gamble, because my lease doesn't come up for renewal until another 3 months, and if the economy keeps tanking, then I just shot myself in the foot for 14 more months.
 
But my neighborhood doesn't seem like it's going to be as threatened as some other neighborhoods.  Also, a friend of mine pointed out that with the economy tanking, people might be switching from owning to renting to ride out the storm -- which would help stabilize rents at least for the next couple months.  So all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my decision.
 
And to celebrate another year in my place, my, um, excitable neighbors have just gone on a bender, and um, made spaghetti 4, maybe 5, times in the past 7 days.  Yes, that's a lot of spaghetti.  And let me tell you, she must be Italian, because her, um, vocal appraisal of spaghetti is just as loud as the first day he cooked it for her.
 
Yay.  One more year of this.

No comments: