Tuesday, March 3, 2009

American Idol 8: The Third 12!

Here are my pre-game predictions.

This show is almost too predictable. Pimp spot to Lil Rounds? Check. Pimp Ju'Not Joyner despite a ho-hum perf? Check. Crush Kristin MacNamara despite a great perf? Check.

I'll say this, though, I think that Lil is the only one of the evil trinity who I actually think is deserving of the attention. Taking on Mary J. Blige, and making it through is worth a clap or two. (By the way, I heart Kris Allen, but he needs to stop clapping like Paula.)

In a just world, Jorge Nunez would take the top guy spot. There's something earnest about him, and his perf was the best guy's by far. I was impressed.

The third spot is going to go to Alex Wagner Trugman, Scott McIntyre, or Felicia Barton. I think Felicia made a mistake in doing the same song that is getting all those YouTube hits. She did it better on YouTube. Scott's likeable, but I can't get past how crappy his hairdo is. And his brother on second viewing isn't hot. Alex has the dubious honor of being the VFTW pick of the week--beating out Elton Newton-Loaf. He's the anti-Jesse Langseth: insanely likeable personality, but with the same weirdly affective voice. He's got a bit of Sanjaya and JPL in him... and that's huge.

Von Smith was ok, but you can drive a Mack truck through his mouth. Arianna Afsar takes the obligatory pretty girl with a good voice crashes and burns (say hi to Anne Marie and Megan!). It's too bad because you can tell she has a good voice. Ju'Not wasn't nearly as good as the judges though, and Kristin wasn't nearly as bad (though she did sound 50 -- I'm 50 years old! I kick! And I stretch! And I kick!). Kendell Beard seemed out of breath (though I loved the Carrie Underwood in the Ever Ever After video-esque dress). The only thing good about Taylor Vaifanua was that she decided to wear rubber leggings, given that she danced like she had to pee.

Ryan's shirt was way better this week. Kara needs to STOP f***ing with the microphone (seriously, we can ALL HEAR YOU TAPPING THE DAMN DESK). Paula has seemed to finally get her meds balanced. Randy finally used a multi-syllabic word that is actually in the English language, but of course he used it ("vindicate") with the ESL speaker. And Simon needs to stop picking on Kara.

I'm going to go with Lil, Jorge, and Scott making it. I think Alex will be close, and could possibly take the 3rd spot, but I'm going to stick to my guns this time. I think Felicia blew it.

No comments: